2012 Annual Results
Maryland Green Registry members are asked to share at least one measurable result from their environmental practices and as you can see it really adds up! For the third straight year, Members have collectively reported greater efficiency in resource use and other improvements in their environmental performance. Below are the results as reported by Registry members that were achieved on an annual basis between 2011-2012:
- 789,000 lbs of hazardous waste reduced
- 9.1 million lbs of non-hazardous waste reduced
- 746 million lbs of non-hazardous waste recycled
- 2.7 million gallons of wastewater reduced
- 158,000 gallons of fuel saved
- 3.5 million vehicled miles travelled (VMT) reduced
- 389 million kWh electricity saved
- 109 million gallons of water conserved
- 3.0 million metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (MTCO2e) reduced
- $63 million saved!
A number of web-based calculators are available to help estimate the environmental and economic benefits of various environmental practices. These tools and the results they generate can be very powerful in motivating employees to maintain good practices and can help to inspire further actions at your facility.