Sign In
Maryland State Government Maryland Department of the Environment


The development of a new water supply source requires State and local permits.  The links below provide information on some MDE permits which are often required prior to the development of a new water supply.  Other permits may be also be required.

> Well Construction Permit

> Water Appropriation or Use Permit and Notices of Recent Applications Received

> Water and Sewerage Construction Permit

> General Permit for Stormwater Associated with Construction Activity

Wetlands and Waterways Contruction Permit

> Dam Safety Permit

> Discharge Permits