The Parson’s Creek/Stewart’s Canal project involved the restoration of 4,000-6,000 acres of emergent freshwater marsh. This project is located within the Little Choptank (02-13-04-02) watershed of Dorchester County.
Construction was completed in January 2007 with the cooperation of the Maryland Department of the Environment, Maryland Department of Natural Resources, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services, and the U.S. Geological Survey.
The success of the project should be determined in 2009. While much of this project is located on federally owned land, access may be restricted. Click here to see an aerial photo and location information.
Back to Wetland Restoration, Preservation, and Mitigation page
1800 Washington Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21230